Sunday, December 7, 2008

Total Miles: 85

It’s been a fairly typical week.  Hit the gym with Dan when it was too cold and ran when it wasn't.  I'm trying to step my runs up to a minimum of 5 miles when I get out and trying to get out more often than I had the past couple of weeks.  We had a run of amazing weather this weekend and I would have been crazy not to take advantage.  

I had 2 drinks last night and could believe how much it affected me this afternoon.  I could feel a huge difference in my strength and endurance.  It is amazing how much I notice how things like that now that I am trying to be active ….Anyhow, I took a new route to try and get up around 6 miles.  I crossed the river and ran into all kinds of areas that I had no idea existed. 

First was a decent looking skate park that was packed with punky high school kids.  Kind of fun to watch though.  Next was an area devoted to the Tulsa Row Club.  Had no idea we had anything like that going on.  There must have been 50 people out front using rowing machines and tending to their boats.  It looked like a good time, maybe something worth looking into.   My last find was a roller hockey rink.  There were two full teams and a reasonable crowd watching.

I will probably make this my new everyday route.  I think it was right on the edge of 6.5 hours and comes with an awesome view of the city for most of the way back.  Hopefully this weather will continue and I will get enough material for more than one blog post per week. 

No comments: