Tuesday, November 4, 2008

long time no write

Total Miles: 36

Its been a few days, lets see if I cant recap on the weekend up to now.

I'm trying to push myself to a 4 mile minimum distance.
Friday, I got in a solid 4 mile run. Around mile 1.5 some guy came up beside me and we had a conversation. Made me wish I had someone to run with. Really seemed to make it easier to push myself with him there doing the same.

I had to get back to Missouri for the rest of the weekend so I knew that I needed to make the most while in Tulsa. I got a 3 mile run in Saturday morning before I left. This officially put training miles over that of a marathon and it only took me two weeks....ouch. Cant let it get me down.
I didn't get back home until it was to late to justify getting out on Sunday, so I took the night off. It surprises me that I now am starting to look forward to getting out and exercising. This is defiantly a first for me. Hopefully won't be something I soon abandon.
The weather has continued to hold out, so I still haven't made it back to the gym. Monday and Tuesday were another couple of 4 mile nights. Monday was probably the best I've felt yet. I would say that I am now running a solid 90% of my total distance. Feels good to be making progress....sure hope its enough.

No comments: